Última modificación: 05/05/2021 - 10:19


What is a University Master's Degree?

A University Master's Degree (UM) is an Official Degree accredited by the Ministry of Education, valid throughout Spain, in accordance with the parameters of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).


How is it different from Internal Studies?

An Internal Master's Degree offers specialised training in order to refresh professional or academic knowledge or lifelong learning, but does not have academic recognition at national level.


What is a qualifying Master's Degree?

Qualifying Master's Degrees allow students to practise the profession for which they studied their Degree. In the case of Spain, there are 14 professions that require a Qualifying Master's Degree in order to practise. The table above indicates the UM Degrees that qualify for regulated professions.


Regulated profession: professional activity for which a certain professional qualification is required (generally a university degree).





Which University Master's Degrees are taught at EINA?

The range of University Master's Degrees available at EINA for academic year 2020/21 is as follows:

Máster Universitario en Arquitectura 60 créditos ECTS (*)
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Industrial  120 créditos ECTS  (*) 
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Informática 90 créditos ECTS    
Máster Universitario en Energías Renovables y Eficiencia Energética  75 créditos ECTS (***)
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Biomédica  90 créditos ECTS (**)
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Electrónica   60 créditos ECTS   
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Mecánica  60 créditos ECTS  
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería Química  90 créditos ECTS  
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería de Telecomunicación 120 créditos ECTS  (*)
Máster Universitario en Ingeniería de Diseño de Producto  60 créditos ECTS    
Máster Universitario en Robotics, Graphics and Computer Vision 90 créditos ECTS (**)

(*) Titulaciones que otorgan atribuciones profesionales
(**) Máster de Referencia
(***) Máster de Referencia - Pendiente de aprobación Consejo de Gobierno (modificación plan de estudios: 90 créditos)


A estos títulos se añaden los siguientes Programas Conjuntos:



Which Master's Degrees can I access?

From the basic condition of being in possession of an official university degree, the Specific Access Profile for each UM (and the criteria for prioritisation based on this criterion when the number of applications exceeds the number of places) is regulated in the respective verification report.

Although there are ideal profiles, in general it is possible to access the UM studies offered by EINA by means of a degree in the field of Engineering and/or Architecture.

The access profiles for each UM can be checked on the University of Zaragoza website, in the section "Access and admission".



Do I need to have B1 English to access a UM at EINA?

Almost all UMs at EINA require B1 level English, or accreditation of a similar competence, as a requirement for admission or to complete studies. If you have completed the Degree that gives you access to the UM at EINA, then you already have

the level required (except for the now-extinct Degree in Engineering in Industrial Design and Product Development - Plan 271).


If not, you can formalise your admission and accredit it before the end of the first semester.




How much are the tuition fees?

The Decree regulating public enrolment fees is published in June/July. However, for reference, the enrolment prices for academic year 2020/21 can be found at: precios de matrícula correspondientes al curso 2020/21 

According to the provisions of Decree 113/2018, of 5th July, of Aragón Regional Government, on Public Prices for the provision of university academic services for academic year 2018/19, the price per credit for the first enrolment is:

    • Qualifying UMs (Architecture, Industrial Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering) and Differentiated UMs (Computer Engineering and Chemical Engineering) ……        25,83 €
    • Non-qualifying UMs (other titles) ………………………………………………       37,40 €



Can scholarships be applied for?

Master's Degree students have a wide range of scholarships or grants offered by different entities at their disposal, some of which can be used in conjunction with each other.


In summary:

- Ministry of Education

- General round of subsidies

- Collaboration grants


- Aragón Regional Government

- Grants for Strategic University Master's Degree studies, compatible with Ministry of Education, Science and Sport scholarships (UM in Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency, Biomedical Engineering, Product Design, Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering are all considered as such).

- University Campus Mobility Grants


- University of Zaragoza

- Study subsidies for Undergraduate and Master's Degrees

- Other types of subsidies for unexpected situations, for foreign students, etc.

- Basque Regional Government

- General round of subsidies


More information:



Can I go on an ERASMUS?

You can take part in Erasmus-Socrates Mobility programmes, etc., but it is important that you take into account the application deadlines (February of the previous year) and the duration of the UM.

 Requirements for applications and stays:


UM with up to 90 ECTS credits:

Be enrolled in University Master's Degree studies with up to 90 ECTS, or in Undergraduate studies that are followed by a University Master's Degree with up to 90 ECTS, at the time of application.

- Maximum stay: one semester, except within the framework of double degree agreements.


UM with over 90 ECTS credits:

Be enrolled in University Master's Degree studies at the School of Engineering and Architecture with more than 90 ECTS at the time of application.

- Maximum stay: one complete course, except within the framework of double degree agreements.


More information:



Is it possible to do an internship at a company?

All UMs at EINA envisage the possibility of carrying out external academic internships, as well as their inclusion on the academic record as optional credits (with the exception of the UM in Electronic Engineering). The number of credits varies according to the UM; check the degrees webpage at unizar.es for further details.

All external academic internships of the UM are enrolled for in a similar way to the subjects of the degree, according to their number of credits and within the enrolment periods generally established, and are evaluated by the teacher in charge of academic tutorship based on a scale of 0-10 scale, following the preparation and presentation of a final report.

More information:  http://eina.unizar.es

All internships must be applied for and processed via UNIVERSA (ground floor of Betancourt building), and there is also an extensive offer which can be checked at:  http://www.unizar.es/universa/



If I am working, can I take advantage of some flexible measures?

You can apply for Part-Time Enrolment at the Registrar's Office before or during enrolment, providing due justification of the reasons.

 Minimum enrolment requirements and credits passed for the purposes of permanence:

- First enrolment: Between 12 and 42 credits, and a minimum of 6 credits to be passed.

- Continuing enrolment: Between 6 and 42 credits, and a minimum of 6 credits to be passed.

 You will find the application form and current regulations in the following link: Modelo de solicitud y la normativa vigente



Estudiantes extranjeros

Do students with non-accredited foreign university degrees outside the EHEA have to take any additional steps to apply for admission?

In addition to the specific access conditions indicated for the qualifying University Master's Degrees, students with a non-accredited foreign degree, issued by a country whose educational system is outside the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), must in all cases take the following steps:

    • Present their application for access at the same time as the admission application, thus ensuring that the Commission for Postgraduate Studies at University of Zaragoza can accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish degrees, and that such studies entitle them to access postgraduate studies in their country of origin.

The following amounts are to be paid for such studies: 50 per centre and 50 per degree applied for. These amounts will not be refunded under any circumstances.

      • Students whose mother tongue is not Spanish: The Master's Degree Academic Committee will determine, based on the documentation accrediting language skills, whether or not such students should be admitted on the basis of the provisions of the Master's Degree Verification Report.
      • In addition to the documentation that must be presented for access, provide certification, either from the university of origin or the competent body in the country issuing the degree, that these studies have an educational level equivalent to official Spanish degrees and allow access to official postgraduate studies in the country of origin.
      • Whenever the qualification system used in the country of origin does not match the Spanish system, provide the "Declaration of equivalence of average grade of university studies completed in foreign universities", which can be obtained through the website of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training  (http://www.mecd.gob.es/mecd/servicios-al-ciudadano-mecd/catalogo/general/educacion/203615/ficha.html)If this is not provided, a grade of 5 points will be assigned for the purpose of scores and priority.


More information



Are there any specific conditions for access to Master's Degree courses with foreign university studies?

Accessing UMs that qualify for regulated professions through foreign university studies requires a series of specific conditions, in accordance with the access profile in question:


1. Qualifying UMs that require a specific Degree (UM in Architecture):

Those interested in taking the UM should apply for access to the degree via the "Change of studies" modality, within the deadlines set each year by University of Zaragoza (Academic Year 2019/20 - Resolution pending publication: Phase 1, from 2nd to 15th May 2019. Phase 2, if there are vacancies, from 2nd to 13th September 2019).

 More information on admission due to change of studies:

 Once admitted via this route, the student should complete studies for the credits necessary to be awarded the degree.

After obtaining the degree, the student should apply for access to the UM under the same conditions as other students.


2. Qualifying UMs that do not require a specific degree (UM in Industrial Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering):

Graduates from foreign education systems must apply for homologation of their degree by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, or a declaration of equivalence to the academic level of the Degree.

 Students must submit their application for access in the same way as other students, including a copy of the accreditation card issued by the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport along with the documentation.

 The university will study the documentation provided by the applicant and will, depending on his or her previous training, establish the corresponding training complements (Degree subjects).

Further information:






Exención de responsabilidad:   La información incluida en este documento tiene carácter meramente informativo, por lo que su contenido no originará derechos a favor de solicitantes ni supondrá vinculación alguna con procedimientos administrativos.