Última modificación: 22/12/2021 - 13:28
The history of this School dates back to the 19th century when, by Royal Decree of July 11, 1894, a School of Arts and Crafts is created in Zaragoza based on the ground floor of the building built for the Faculty of Medicine and Sciences and whose first Director would be Mr. Bruno Solano. On May 10, 1972, the University School of Industrial Technical Engineering was created, whose first director would be Mr. Pedro Benito Sainz. On August 9, 1974, the Prince Don Juan Carlos, acting Head of State, chaired a Council of Ministers in which the creation of the Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineers was approved, whose first director would be Mr. Federico López Mateos and that would start his activities on the second floor of the Interfacultades building on the San Francisco campus. In the summer of 1989 it would be transformed into a Higher Polytechnic Center, with Mr. Manuel Silva Suárez being its first director. On April 14, 2011, the Official Gazette of Aragon published the agreement of the Government of Aragon authorizing the creation of this School as an integration of the previous Higher Polytechnic Center (CPS) and University School of Industrial Technical Engineering (EUITI) under the direction of Mr. Enrique Masgrau Gómez.